Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Eternal Struggle

Kay, so if you are in anyway shape or form interested/knowledgeable about Karate or Asian Culture and Religion then you have probably heard of the Eternal Struggle.



The Eternal Struggle is generally pictured as a White Tiger fighting a Chinese style Dragon. Usually in the presence of a Yin Yang. Although there are a couple different ways to view these symbols, I prefer to stick with the traditional Martial Arts explanation. The Dragon stands for Wisdom and Peace. And the Tiger stands for Strength and Power. Which, then becomes known as "Peace over Power" or "Mind over Matter" or better yet "The Eternal Struggle."

Now, to the point. I love Martial Arts and have made it a pretty major part of my book as far as symbolism and deeper meaning go.... So, as anyone who actually pays attention to what I write here knows, when I created Blaise, I created him to be the living embodiment of Bushido. Which is why he's so perfect. Anyway, I had been pondering the idea of having the RoQuero wearing War Paint to the final fight scene in Book One. And I started thinking that Tiger Stripes would be perfect for Blaise. Then like yesterday it hit me. At the end of Book One, Blaise's DNA gets tainted by Eclipse's toxic Dragon Blood. Dragon Blood.... Tiger Striped War Paint..... Blaise is the embodiment of Bushido..... TIGER AND DRAGON=BUSHIDO?! -gasp- BLAISE REALLY DOES EQUAL BUSHIDO?!

And the funniest part was that I didn't even realize I did that, until like two weeks later. Totally unplanned. Hahaha. Subliminal Messaging?! Anyway, I just thought that that was cool and oddly coincidental. So, if you would like to learn a little bit more about The Eternal Struggle I'd be happy to enlighten you.

Um, I haven't decided if I'll actually make The RoQuero wear War Paint or not yet. Because, you know, I only have Blaise's figured out and Vlad doesn't like putting on make up of any kind, I'm not particularly good at color schemes either. And of course, my rotten friends are incapable of giving me an opinion.... But I'll get it sorted out eventually.

-latent hostility- I'm also hoping that this post will make some people realize that they have no idea what they are talking about and that they should either shut up, or get their facts straight.... You know who you are.

1 comment:

viccicat said...

So it's cool huh!!! I like Blaisey he's cool, and I think he'd be cuteness in tiger stripes war paint!!! Also cool imagary you go girl.